Lundy Bancroft is an author, workshop leader, and consultant on domestic abuse and child maltreatment. His work focuses on three areas:
- Training professionals on best practices for intervening with male perpetrators of violence against women, toward the goal of promoting accountability and requiring change.
- Training professionals on the dynamics of emotional injury and recovery in children who are exposed to a man who abuses their mother, to prepare participants to offer the most effective and safe assistance possible to children and their mothers.
- Supporting healing and empowerment for abused women, with an emphasis on advocating for the human rights of mothers and their children.
Lundy works collaboratively with various agencies to promote practices and strategies to improve our nation’s response to domestic violence and make safety and justice not just a priority, but also a reality. These agencies ensure that victims of domestic violence, advocates, community-based programs, educators, legal assistance providers, law enforcement and court personnel, health care providers, policy makers and government leaders have access to up-to-date information on best practices, policies, research and victim resources.
PURCHASE LUNDY BANCROFT’S EXCLUSIVE WORLDWIDE WEBINAR
WHY DOES HE DO THAT? INSIDE THE MINDS OF ANGRY AND CONTROLLING MEN
A 4-part webinar presented by Internationally Acclaimed Author and Speaker Lundy Bancroft.
Lundy’s work focuses on working for justice for abused women and their children. Toward these goals, Lundy strives to write and disseminate accurate information about abusive men, including their strategies and tactics, their ways of getting away with what they do, their ways of keeping women trapped, and their realistic potential for change. Additionally, he writes and trains about the impact abusive men have on children in their lives.
Lundy won the 2004 Pro Humanitate Literary Award from the North American Resource Center for Child Welfare, for The Batterer as Parent: Addressing the Impact of Domestic Violence on Family Dynamics.
Lundy has written several books:
- “Why Does He Do That?”
- “Daily Wisdom for Why Does He Do That”
- “When Dad Hurts Mom”
- “The Batterer as Parent”
- “Should I Stay Or Should I Go?”
Lundy has over twenty-five years of experience in the fields of abuse, trauma, and recovery. He has published five books, including the best-seller Why Does He Do That?. Lundy has worked with over 1000 abusive men in his counseling groups. He has also served extensively as a custody evaluator, child abuse investigator, and expert witness, and has presented to 350 audiences across the U.S. and abroad. His play “Forbidden to Protect,” co-authored with Patrice Lenowitz, explores battered women’s experiences with the child custody system, and will be released early in 2017. Lundy’s new book, Daily Wisdom for “Why Does He Do That?” provides a full year’s worth of brief and encouraging readings for abused women.
Want to stay connected to Lundy? SIGN-UP for Lundy’s mailing list by CLICKING HERE!